Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Peeking under the blanket.

One more day till we get to " peek under the blanket" and see if you will be a boy or a girl....regardless you'll always be your Diva's darling.

They say that every time a baby is born, a grandmother is born too. I've been waiting my whole life for you and it may be a good thing that we don't live close by you. If we did you would certainly have chapped cheeks from all the kisses I would give you.

When your momma was born your Poppa was so proud. He called all our relatives to announce her presence. He taped recorded their responses so I could hear them. We will have to look for that tape.....you will laugh and laugh when you hear it.

Speaking of blankets...... your mom was born in February and because Poppa and I are from the south, practically all of her baby gifts were blankets. Every time a package would come your Poppa would say, "It's another blanket!" Sure enough, he was right. I guess people thought that we were crazy to live in such a cold climate. We had enough blankets to share with other babies and enough for your Auntie Suzy and Uncle Andy too.

You need to know my poppet, that boy or girl you will always be wrapped in our blanket of love.  Looking forward to your big news.    Your Diva

1 comment:

becky said...

I hope you're not too disappointed that we didn't find out, today. Surprises are fun too, aren't they?