Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hello from the Daisy Patch

Hello, my darling little one. I started this blog to let you know how excited your Poppa and I are to welcome you into the family.

I am your momma's momma also known as your darling DIVA.....no grannies here! You have been long-awaited and prayed for in advance.

Your mom told us of your arrival on Mother's Day.....she called to wish me "Happy Grandmother's Day!" I told her she was mean, as that is news I have always wanted to hear and I really thought she was teasing me. When I found out that you were indeed on your way you could hear me scream all the way to Canada.

We were visiting your Auntie Suzy and Uncle Tim (hmmm.....that's the first time I've ever used those names before....) in New York. Your Auntie Suzy had just graduated with her Master's degree in Library Science and Technology and we had gone to her graduation. We were all together when we heard the news (even your Uncle Andy). We were all excited and happy but your mommy made us promise not to tell anyone until she was sure about her new job.

Do you know how hard it is for your Diva not to say anything about your arrival? Uncle Andy immediately put the news of his "uncle-ship" on the internet. Imagine how surprised I was to get a phone call from my very best friend (Miss Sue) asking who was your momma?

Her daughter had read Uncle Andy's blog on My Space and everyone thought that Auntie Suzy was going to be your momma. I was so surprised to be asked about your arrival that I didn't know what to say other than "How do you know about our baby?"

Finally, in July, you're mommy told me I could tell all my blog friends so the first post on this new blog was how I announced your arrival.


This is a very big week for your Poppa and I as we are anxious to hear if you are a boy or a girl.

We have already bought you some toys and books and can hardly wait to see you in person.

Always know that you are a special baby......and that we love you very very much. 

1 comment:

becky said...

Wow. This is great, momma. Makes me miss you even more ... thanks for this, from all three of us.