Thursday, February 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Becky and Emma

Thursday Thirteen..About Becky






Thirteen Things about Becky that I hope her daughter inherits!

1.Today is our daughter Becky's birthday. This is her first birthday as a new mom. As a first time Diva and lover of Fairy Tales these are the gifts I would bestow on her that you possess yourself.
2.The first thing I see and is still true about you is that your smile lights up your face and electrifies the whole room. I am reminded of this comment.....Sitting in a cafe this afternoon, a random cute bearded old man walked by and said: "I hope the baby has your smile." I hope so too!

3. I hope Emma inherits your love of book and a hunger and thirst for knowledge. I laugh knowing full well her nursery theme is golden books and she already has wonderful posters on her walls of great children's book. I wouldn't be surprised to see her cutting her first teeth on a cardboard book.

4. I pray that Emma will always feel loved, cherished and protected. I love this picture of you kissing your sweet Emma's head while she is sleeping peacefully. I pray that she will always feel safe and secure in your loving arms.

5. I pray that Emma inherits your sense of adventure. I never hear the Dixie Chicks song "Wide Open Spaces" that I don't think of you. I hope she is as fearless as you my darling "Warrior Princess"


6. I hope she inherits your beautiful head of hair.....it took you a long time to grow hair and were pretty much a cue ball as a baby.. She already has a pretty good start in that department.

7. I hope she has your sense of humor (that you inherited from your dad). I hope she can look at a "Far Side" Cartoon and laugh hilariously.

8. I pray that she will react as strongly as you do at injustice, and cruelty and will be an agent for change in her generation.

9. I hope she has an active imagination and always has some creative outlet for it, whether it's making up stories, drawing, or building with Legos.

10. I pray that she will be a leader and an independent thinker just like you.

11. I pray that she will be physically active and enjoy participating in sports. Can you see Emma as a young soccer referee?


12. I pray that she will always keep the lines of communication open with you even if you don't agree with what she is doing. I always loved that you didn't shut us out of your life.

13. I pray that you can give her Wings and Roots. Happy Birthday Becky.

1 comment:

david santos said...

hi: Diva`s!
Very nice
Tank you